Gold Buffalo Brightens ANA Future
August 19, 2013
Deputy Mint Directory Richard Peterson has decided that the American Numismatic Association convention is an event at which he wants to launch at least one new product each year.
He told me this in an interview last Tuesday during the convention in the Chicago suburb of Rosemont, Ill., that was published in Numismatic News.
His conclusion was reached after personally witnessing a rush to buy the reverse proof 2013 Buffalo gold one-ounce coin. The Mint had 1,000 available at the booth on Tuesday, which was opening day for the ANA convention, and they were gone by the middle of the afternoon.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• August special – only 25 available! Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this blog.
About the Author