Where are Buyers?
August 05, 2013
If recent lower gold prices are prompting buyers to step up their purchases, there is no evidence of it in the U.S. Mint’s July sales figures of one-ounce U.S. American Eagle gold coins.
Sales fell to the lowest monthly level of 2013. Previously June’s sales total had been the lowest of the year.
In the month of July, the U.S. Mint’s authorized purchasers took 43,000 one-ounce coins compared to June’s 49,000. Sales have been falling month by month since the April surge when lower gold prices, indeed $200 cheaper gold prices, inspired a world-wide wave of gold buying. In that month, the U.S. Mint’s sales went to 187,500, more than tripling the March sales figure and beating out January’s 124,500 number.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• August special – only 25 available! Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this blog.
About the Author