Stifled or Inspired by Octagonal Gold?
July 25, 2013
Do we really need an octagonal $5 gold piece?
That was my reaction to legislation introduced July 19 by Rep. Nancy Pelosi to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Panama-Pacific Exhibition of 1915.
Naturally, it is intended to be a memento for those of us who cannot afford the original octagonal gold $50.
But an octagonal nickel-sized coin to me doesn’t do the trick. It just seems hokey.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
On July 29, 2013 Steve Kamieniecki
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this blog.
About the Author