Was it Color or Value that Attracts?
June 19, 2013
When I searched through bags and rolls of cents in the 1960s, anything 50 years old was almost ancient and the oldest date possible, the 1909 issues, still hadn’t reached 60 years of age.
Yet because of the huge variation in mintages, the possibility of finding something that was worth more than a cent was a great motivator.
Who wouldn’t want to find a 1909-S VDB or a 1914-D coin?
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this blog.
About the Author